I recently had the pleasure of spending a day at Spare Time Greenville, a fantastic family entertainment center located in Greenville, Skip The Games Greenville in South Carolina. From the moment I walked in, I could tell this place was something special. Here’s a detailed account of my amazing experience.
Table of Contents
Arriving and First Impressions
My friend and I arrived at Spare Time around 11 am on a Saturday morning. The parking lot was already buzzing with activity. As soon as we stepped inside, the vibrant, electric atmosphere was palpable.
- The interior was massive, with ultra-high ceilings and colorful, dynamic lighting.
- Lively pop music was playing over the loudspeakers.
- Families, friends, and kids of all ages were already scattered throughout the huge complex.
- The air smelled of hot pizza, and french fries, and the sounds of gameplay filled the space.
I could immediately tell this was going to be an action-packed, unforgettable day. The energy and excitement was contagious.
Checking In and Getting Set Up
After taking in the scenery, we made our way to the front desk to check-in.
- The staff members were incredibly friendly, greeting us with big smiles.
- They quickly got us set up with bowling shoes in our sizes and gave us an overview of the facility.
- We purchased game cards pre-loaded with credits to use throughout the day. This made everything cashless and convenient.
- They provided us with a buzzer that would go off when our bowling lane was ready.
The check-in process was smooth and efficient, and the staff’s enthusiasm and encouragement made us even more eager to start the fun.
The Bowling Experience
After about 10 minutes, our buzzer went off, signaling our lane was ready. We headed over, put on our bowling shoes, and started up our game.
The Bowling Lanes
- The bowling area spanned a huge section of the facility. There were dozens of pristine lanes with glowing neon lights.
- The lanes were glossy and well-maintained. The balls glided down the sleek wood effortlessly.
- Each lane had leather couches and tables for food and drinks. Ours had a great view of the arcade area.
- Upbeat music played as bowlers took their turns. Strikes were met with high-fives and celebration.
Our Game Skip The Games Greenville
- We played one hour of bowling. The time flew by as we were having so much fun.
- It was the perfect activity for some friendly competition. We kept a close score.
- The games were interactive with cool lighting effects for strikes and spares.
- I was impressed with the bumper options for younger kids. Families with children looked like they were having a blast.
- By the end, my arms were tired from bowling so many frames! But my friend won by just a few points.
The bowling lanes were definitely one of the highlights of Spare Time Greenville for me. The quality lanes, upbeat music, interactions, and variety of bowlers made it an awesome experience.
The Endless Arcade Section
After bowling, we ventured into the giant arcade section to play some games and redeem our credits. I was overwhelmed by the sheer variety and amount of games.
- There were hundreds of flashing, beeping games as far as the eye could see. Old school arcades to new high-tech games.
- Pinball machines, skee-ball lanes, basketball hoops, racing games, claw cranes, shooting games, and more.
- Options for every interest, age range, and skill level. The latest and greatest to classic throwbacks.
Our Time in the Arcade
- We spent over two hours in the arcade and still didn’t get to play everything we wanted to.
- I challenged my friend to a race at the Formula One racing games. They were incredibly realistic and fun.
- We played a bunch of shooting and ticket redemption games to get piles of tickets.
- The claw cranes were addicting. We probably spent half our credits trying to grab prizes.
- I even beat my all-time high score on Pac-Man!
The arcade was like a paradise for big kids like us. I could have spent the entire day exploring and playing.
Refueling at the Cafe
About halfway through the day, we realized we had worked up quite an appetite. We headed to the on-site restaurant to grab a bite.
- The cafe had a diner feel with checkerboard flooring and red booths.
- There was a self-serve soda fountain and counters with stools.
- Families and kids filled the tables enjoying pizza, burgers, fries, and more.
- Everything was reasonably priced. We ordered a pepperoni pizza and fries for less than $20 in total.
- The hand-tossed pizza was fantastic. Hot, fresh, and cheesy. Much better than typical bowling alley food.
- The fries were hot, crispy, and salty – just how I like them. They really hit the spot.
Getting lunch at the cafe was fast, convenient, and delicious. It gave us a much-needed break and energy boost.
Trying Out the Laser Tag Course
After lunch, we decided to try out a round of laser tag. We suited up with our vests and guns and entered the course.
The Laser Tag Course
- The course was like an intricate multi-level maze with glowing neon lights.
- There were walls, towers, tunnels, and obstacles spread throughout the huge arena.
- The dim lighting and electronic music added to the high-energy ambiance.
Playing a Round
- Our game had around 20 participants across 2 teams. It was fast-paced trying to avoid getting hit.
- We ran through tunnels, climbed towers, and crept in corners trying to ambush the other team.
- The vests vibrated when you were hit. I tried to dodge and weave but ended up getting tagged a lot.
- My friend led our team in points. He’s always had a good aim.
- By the end, I was exhausted but laser tag was an absolute blast. I’d definitely do it again.
Laser tag introduced a fun element of friendly team competition to our day at Spare Time.
Browsing the Prize Counter
After laser tag, we cashed in our arcade tickets at the prize counter.
The Prize Selection
- There was an entire section devoted to prizes ranging from small candies to large electronics.
- Shelves were stocked with squishy toys, bouncy balls, kaleidoscopes, jewelry, and trinkets.
- For more tickets, you could get Nerf guns, action figures, branded merchandise, and more.
What We Chose
- I opted for a sticky hand toy, which I’d been eyeing up earlier. It only took a few hundred tickets.
- My friend had a couple thousand tickets so he got a cool remote control car.
- We also picked out some sour candies for later.
Checking out the prizes and picking something fun was the perfect way to end our incredible day at Spare Time.
Looking back on the day, I’m blown away by how much there was to see and do at Spare Time Greenville. Here are some final thoughts:
- The facilities were absolutely top-notch – modern, clean, and fun.
- The variety of activities was hugely impressive. We didn’t even have time for escape rooms, mini golf, and more.
- The staff were accommodating, and enthusiastic, and helped make the experience.
- It was excellent value for money. Our day of unlimited bowling, arcade, laser tag, and food was around $100 in total.
- Hours flew by because we were having such an enjoyable time. I can’t remember the last time I had so much fun!
I would highly recommend Spare Time Greenville to anyone looking for a full day out of entertainment. It’s perfect for families, kids, teens, adults, and groups. The next time I’m in Greenville, I know exactly where I’ll be spending my time!
My visit to Spare Time Greenville was one of the most fun days I’ve had in a long time. There are activities to keep everyone occupied for hours on end. The unlimited bowling, vast arcade, delicious food, full bar, and other amenities like laser tag and escape rooms provide non-stop entertainment. Everything is very reasonably priced as well. I can’t wait to go back with a big group and try even more of what Spare Time Greenville has to offer! This place is an absolute must-visit.